- 2 more days to give your opinion on the best things about Covington! t.co/5QSRFCyL08
- Huge thanks to Duke Energy's Urban Revitalization Initiative for grants for both our Hellmann Lumber Mill at Pike... t.co/hxjzBaSolo
- #tbt Found this picture at the Hellman Building. Elsmere Fire Dept. You know anyone? t.co/j5SS9KLp72
Center for Great Neighborhoods
“We help residents improve their lives as they improve their neighborhoods”
Since 1976 the center for great neighborhoods of Covington has been a vehicle and a support for community residents seeking to improve the quality of their lives and their community.
By focusing on building the capacity of residents, supporting and encouraging citizen engagement and promoting partnerships between residents, government, schools and business, the Center has been able to have a significant impact on the positive development of Covington.
Our approach makes efficient use of community and organization resources, allowing us to main a lean, effective and sustainable organization. Our experience has taught us that individuals are most fulfilled when they are connected to their neighbors and have opportunities to share their gifts with others as they work together to improve the community.
In helping youth and adult residents realize that sense of fulfillment, the center for great neighborhoods supports their efforts to:
• Build strong neighborhood associations and civic groups.
• Develop effective leadership skills and practice wise stewardship for the community.
• Maximize access to resources that improve the quality of their lives and health, and benefit their personal, economic, educational, civic and social development.
• Create effective partnerships with other stakeholders in the community.
• Improve the physical, economic and social environment in their neighborhoods.
Read the Winter 2013 Newsletter HERE
March 2013 Events:
Covington Quest - race to start at 2pm
[more details here]