About this position:
This position is responsible for the service and installation of robotic mowing systems. Salary starts at $16/hr + commission opportunities. The ideal candidate has excellent attention to detail, is coachable, enjoys working with technology, loves to work outdoors and is a problem solver.
Initial hands-on begins the last week of March. Once the training period is complete, the Sales Technician may choose their own work days and hours. Opportunities to travel and be compensated for additional training will be provided when appropriate. There is tremendous opportunity for growth and leadership!
Solawna is a local, female-owned and operated robotic lawn mowing service. We provide end-to-end technology-focused lawn care solutions for households and businesses who care about the environment, consistency, convenience and efficiency. We create a greener environment through “smart” choices.
A Day in the Life of a Solawna Sales Technician
As a Sales Technician, you are the focal point of our interaction with customers and our automated mowing systems. You help maintain the system that brings high quality eco-friendly lawn care maintenance solutions to Cincinnati. You perform quality landscaping services for our customers in a safe and efficient manner. You ensure that each job is completed on time and on budget without sacrificing quality. As a get-it-done person, you enjoy the variety of tasks and locations that are involved in your job. You love being outside and can't imagine sitting at a desk all day. You are eager and excited to be a crucial team member in the shift to electric and automated lawn care.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Install robot mowers including robot, base/charging station, boundary wires and review the installation with the customer.
- Service existing systems; identify problems and make the necessary repairs and adjustments to the mower and system and perform preventive maintenance.
- Occasional landscape maintenance duties including mulching, trimming, raking, edging, blowing, soil preparation.
- Complete contracts with serial numbers, customer checklist, and method of payment. - Prepare customer invoice and collect payment at the time of service.
- Manage inventory and help coordinate stock replenishment.
- Conduct inventory of all supplies on hand the last day of each month
- Clean company van weekly and maintain equipment.
- Obtain referrals from customers to be turned over to Sales Representatives. - Conduct consultative selling in home and with commercial customers.
- Work at Home Shows answering questions, providing information, and generating leads. - Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to operate power tools.
- Ability to keep timely and accurate records.
- Communication skills, interpersonal skills, and customer service skills required for ensuring expected customer satisfaction levels are met.
- Technical aptitude, troubleshooting skills, and problem solving skills required for servicing existing systems.
- Ability to be flexible and to work as part of a team.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Loading and unloading the van.
- Frequently requires lifting of up to 35 - 75 pounds.
- Frequently working outdoors.
- Frequently using battery-powered tools and being exposed to noise and dirt. - Frequently driving to customers' homes and properties.
Part-time. Opportunity to expand to full-time.
Pay: $16 per hour + sales incentive compensation when eligible
- Cincinnati, OH
- Office and warehouse based in Lockland.
● 18 years old or older
● Valid driver's license and good driving record
● Capability to lift and carry up to 75 lbs, walk for long periods of time, stand, bend, and squat for up to 10 hours or more per day
● Strong work ethic and coachable
If helping people amplify their eco-impact through smart lawn care practices sounds exciting and trailblazing, we invite you to apply for the sales technician position. To apply: Please call Penina at (513) 551-7594 or email her at email@example.com