Organization: 80 Acres Farm
Position: Farm Technician
Reports to: Farm Manager
The Future of Fresh is Here!
Food isn’t what it used to be. We made it better, and we did it by building a different kind of farm. A farm that doesn’t need sun, soil or favorable weather to do its thing. A farm where pesticides have no place—because everything’s indoors, monitored and controlled, 24/7. We built a farm where robots do the heavy lifting, so the humans can focus on growing the freshest, most nutritious food possible. A farm that can produce over 300 times more food than an ordinary farm. With 100% renewable energy. And 97% less water. Pretty unbelievable, right? Well, believe it. This farm is real. We call it 80 Acres Farms. Fresher food awaits you.
We are looking for self-motivated and driven individuals who can support and promote a team atmosphere. This individual will do so by providing basic crop handling responsibilities, including pruning, and maintaining vine crops; harvesting leafy greens, tomatoes, and herbs; performing quality inspections; and packing finished product. Farm Technicians will learn good manufacturing practices critical to food safety and to their team. Farm technicians will gain the hands-on experience and the initial skills needed to help promote advancement within the company.
Responsibilities & Duties
• Seed & harvest leafy greens, tomatoes, and herbs on commercial scale.
• Basic crop maintenance, such as pruning.
• Complete data collection and documentation to ensure traceability and inventory accuracy.
• Operate machinery including scissor lift, automated seeder, & automated harvester.
• Sanitation of farm materials.
• Follow all GMP’s to ensure food safety.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Basic computer proficiency.
• Ability to operate machinery, use a ladder, & lift 50 lbs.
• Fast paced worker.
• Detail and quality oriented.
• Agriculture, science, and/or production background a plus.
• Adaptability to fast pace environment and quickly evolving processes.
• Ability to work weekends, as needed.
Job Type: Full-Time
Position Starting Rate: $13.50 Hourly
Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance; Company paid life insurance; LTD, short term disability, and voluntary
life are available. PTO. 401K with pre-tax and Roth options. Paid holidays.
To Apply: https://www.80acresfarms.com/connect/careers/