Organization: Ohio River Foundation
Ohio River Foundation, a regional conservation non-profit organization, seeks an Education Programs Manager.
- Develop, train, and manage education team and schedule trips
- Develop and implement with ORF staff marketing plans and increase school participation in River
- Explorer and Mussels in the Classroom programs
- Lead and conduct ½ day experiential education field trips for 4th – 12th grade students and special groups as part of the education team
- Lead and develop, with staff, our Student Conservation Leaders summer program
- Job requires local travel
- This physically demanding position involves lifting supplies and equipment (up to 50 lbs.), and seasonal exposure to the elements.
- Lead staff with program development; including public education outreach on topics such as climate change and forever chemicals
-Represent ORF and its programs at events, including the Cincinnati Coffee Festival, teacher conferences and other events.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 5 years of environmental education experience
- Experience developing standards-aligned curriculum with an emphasis on hands-on learning
- Experience teaching K-12 students from a variety of backgrounds in informal and formal settings
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to work with and effectively communicate with a wide range of people including staff, teachers, community partners, students, volunteers, and elected officials
- Ability to work outdoors and complete physically demanding tasks
- Comfortable with standard software and programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook as well as Google Drive, Dropbox
- Degree in environmental science, education, or related field
- Strong communication skills desired; ability to work self-directed and as team member
- General knowledge of environmental legislation and conservation issues
- Able to make decisions quickly and independently
- Ability to communicate in a professional, accurate, and enthusiastic manner.
Compensation: $38,000 - $42,000 + benefits package
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: To apply, please send resume and cover letter to:
Ohio River Foundation
P.O. Box 42460
Cincinnati, OH 45242
Ohio River Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.