Organization: Gorman Heritage Farm
10052 Reading Rd. Evendale, OH Hours
Up to 20 hours per week; between the hours of 8am-4pm, Monday-Saturday. Compensation: $12/hour
Responsible to: Education Coordinator & Director of Education
Contact: Krystal Gallagher, Education Coordinator, email@example.com
Purpose: To support the Gorman Heritage Farm mission by implementing high-quality educational and interpretive programs about farms, food, and history, and working in collaboration with other staff and volunteers. Promotes membership and acts as an advocate for Gorman Heritage Farm.
● Escort groups of 8-12 people, including children, on guided tours through farmyard and gardens, teaching interactive educational programs about food, farming, gardening, and local history.
● Safely lead participants in farm animal interactions with chickens, sheep, rabbits, equines and more.
● Take education materials off-site for Farm-to-Classroom programs.
● Prepare, create, and organize education materials.
● Set-up and break-down education materials before and after programs.
● Develop and maintain a positive relationship with Education Volunteers by offering teaching tips, support and setting an example.
● Support Education Coordinator in volunteer recruitment and training.
● Support Education Coordinator in program evaluation. Additional Functions:
● Assist in compost, garden prep, maintenance, harvesting, farmyard work as needed.
● Lead weekend and summer tours and Scout programs as schedule allows.
● Set-up, break-down, and staff GHF fundraising events (including but not limited to Sunflower Festival, the first full weekend in October).
● Other duties as assigned. Physical Requirements:
● This position requires the following physical activities: walking uphill, climbing, bending, lifting, standing, sitting, reaching, finger dexterity, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity. The work is performed indoors and outdoors in sun, wind and rain. Qualifications:
● Three to five years in related position, such as interpretation, childcare or education.
● Strong written and oral communication skills. Proficient in public speaking and the ability to teach, motivate and work with children. Able to work with minimum supervision.
● Collaborative leadership style: positive attitude, team player, flexible, willingness to work in a non-profit setting with a small staff. Enthusiasm is desired. To apply, visit gormanfarm.org/job-opportunities and follow the directions for Farm Educator.
Revised April 2021