Program and Operations Manager
Date: July 9, 2021
Purpose of Position
The Cincinnati ToolBank is looking for a highly enthusiastic and organized Program & Operations Manager to oversee our tool lending program. The ToolBank tool lending program supports local nonprofits and community groups by providing tools, equipment, and expertise to tackle their most ambitious goals. This position includes supervision of tool lending activities, tool inventory, and warehouse operations. The Project & Operations Manager will work closely with our Executive Director to identify and manage volunteer activities and provide support to ToolBank special events and fundraisers.
This Position Reports to the Executive Director Program Management –
- Actively preserve and maintain the inventory of the ToolBank.
- Provide assistance for member agency tool orders by pulling tool orders; helping to load and unload vehicles; and completing tool order fulfillment using an online tool tracking system.
- Process tool returns; put returned tools back in inventory and ensure tools are clean and stored neatly.
- Maintain tool inventory through accuracy of tool transactions, tool storage, minor tool repairs and tool branding.
- Provide courteous, prompt service to all customers, volunteers, community partners, donors, and visitors.
- Maintain accurate records of agency transactions and evaluative data.(invoices/payments/monthly reporting)
- Participate as needed with light construction projects.
- Process tool and materials donations, determine appropriate program distribution.
- Manages/ co-manages group volunteer projects that meet the needs of both the ToolBank and volunteer groups.
- Assist in cultivating increasingly engaging relationships between the ToolBank and the volunteers.
- Maintains prompt follow-up and accurate records of volunteer activity as required.
Warehouse Operations –
- Maintain cleanliness, safety and overall professional appearance of entire warehouse area, including the ToolBank grounds.
- Work collaboratively with other ToolBank staff for effective service delivery and building maintenance.
- Complete weekly warehouse tasks as directed by ED
- Maintain effective warehousing logistics for tools and materials, donated items, and any other items going in and out of the warehouse.
- Security of Warehouse-includes being first point of contact for all security issues and protocol, including Security Company.
- Supervise facility usage, operations, equipment maintenance, etc.
Special Projects –
- Provide leadership and project planning for events relating to the ToolBank warehouse.
- Additional tasks as assigned.
- High School Diploma; Knowledge of tools is desired.
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office Products (Outlook/Excel/Word/PowerPoint)
- Sales Force program experience preferred.
- Should be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 40 pounds and stand or walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to communicate clearly to clients and volunteers both in person and by phone.
- Attention to details and accuracy.
- Ability to interact with volunteers, clients, staff, donors, and board members in a friendly, courteous and professional manner.
- Supply Chain experience a plus.
- Inventory management and warehouse experience a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple duties and priorities.
- The ability to handle conflict and uncomfortable situations head-on and with grace.
- Ability to operate a pallet jack (we will train you)
- Able to flourish in a team environment as well as operate independently.
- A strategic thinker who is open to different perspectives and new ways of doing things.
Compensation & Benefits – This position is an opportunity to join a quickly-growing nonprofit in Cincinnati’s community. Our board of directors and volunteers are very hands-on and energized around the success of the ToolBank. We offer:
Email Resume to Cincinnati@toolbank.org
- Salary commensurate with experience and designed to grow with organization capacity.
- Health Reimbursement stipend
- 6 company holidays
- 2 floating holidays
- Paid holiday break between Dec. 25th-Dec. 31st
- Two weeks paid vacation