MORPC seeks an Energy & Sustainability Program Coordinator
Energy and Sustainability Program Coordinator
111 Liberty St Suite 100 Columbus, OH
Full-Time - $24.04 - $26.92 Hourly
The Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission (MORPC) is seeking an Energy & Sustainability Program Coordinator for the Department of Planning & Sustainability. The Energy & Sustainability Program Coordinator will serve as the project manager for regional energy initiatives, assist local governments and regional partners in advancing clean energy goals, and support broader sustainability programs addressing air quality, sustainable transportation, and climate change. The Program Coordinator will be a regional resource on best practices, policies, and programs that advance clean energy, reduce emissions, and promote a more equitable and resilient region.Examples of Duties
The Energy & Sustainability Program Coordinator works under direct supervision of the Sustainability Officer and responsibilities include:
- Act as project manager on energy projects and programs, such as technical studies and analyses of how energy is produced and consumed, how energy currently impacts our communities, and how to implement clean energy development to maximize economic and environmental benefits for central Ohio communities;
- Support and assist MORPC members participating in the Sustainable2050 program to help advance regional sustainability goals that are aligned with MORPC’s Regional Sustainability Agenda, Public Policy Agenda, and Metropolitan Transportation Plan.
- Support and assist local governments and regional stakeholders in meeting their clean energy goals by providing tools and resources, conducting technical research, and organizing educational presentations and webinars.
- Provide guidance and collaborate with members and partners to promote community-wide sustainability strategies, such as energy aggregation or SolSmart designation.
- Give presentations and represent MORPC in the community.
- Create project proposals, work plans, and identify funding opportunities.
- Assist team members with organizing and planning working group meetings and lead sub-committees as needed.
- Work with team members outside the department on sustainability-related projects, including electric vehicle infrastructure or economic development strategies.
- Collaborate with public and private partners at the local, state, and national levels to stay apprised of energy trends and innovations and leverage existing resources.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in environmental science or sustainability, planning, energy, engineering or related field PLUS a minimum of five years of professional experience working with energy and environmental sustainability issues in a public or private setting; OR a Master’s degree in a related field with a minimum of two years of experience working directly with energy and environmental sustainability issues; OR a combination of education and experience that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the job. Must have strong project management skills and ability to conduct research and prepare reports and presentations. Organizational skills are essential and the ability to use Microsoft Office Suite Programs including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Teams. Must possess strong oral and written communication skills and strong ability to work independently and on a team. Ability to conduct virtual meetings and webinars, and the ability to establish good working relationships with peers and partners.
Strong project management experience preferred, along with technical skills and data analysis. Broad understanding and knowledge of the energy landscape in Ohio, including state and national policy, Public Utilities Commission of Ohio processes, clean energy industry, and the key stakeholder groups is also preferred. Familiarity with the impacts of climate change and key mitigation strategies for decarbonization is important for this position. Experience supervising interns or other staff is a plus.
Estimated start date is August 2021. This is a full-time position at 40 hours per week and ability to telework is required at this time.
Excellent benefit package. MORPC is an EOE/AAP employer. Please apply online at http://www.morpc.org/careers/ or you may mail a resume to or complete an application at MORPC, 111 Liberty St., Suite 100, Columbus, OH 43215 ATTN: PS-4-21
Due to the high number of expected applicants we cannot accept phone call inquiries.