Organization: Our Land Organics
About this position:
Earth Steward, Ecological Landscape Crew Member
● Starting hourly rate $15-$18
○ Professional development, paid holidays, paid personal days, medical/dental/vision
Our Land Organics is a forward thinking, ecologically based, landscape design / build and maintenance company serving the Cincinnati area.
We are looking for someone that wants to help bring regenerative landscapes to life and has a desire to learn and lead.
We are plant lovers, soil geeks, and hard working individuals. We encourage growth, education and innovation in this burgeoning field of ecological landscaping and are seeking someone that is interested in growing with the company. This is a full-time year-round position.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
All aspects of landscape/garden maintenance and installation including physical tasks such as weeding, pruning, raking, planting, mulching and composting plant beds, supervising on-site layout and installation of gardens; supervising and instructing crew members, communicating with clients, job site and quality control, supply pickup and delivery.
The Crew Leader is responsible for the leadership of a landscape maintenance/installation team of 1-4 members in the tasks relating to landscape maintenance and installation projects. They are responsible for safety, tool use and care, and communication with the customer and project manager regarding issues on each site.
● Take a leadership role in guiding, instructing and directing other crew members throughout the work day.
● Ensuring that all the tasks on the schedule are completed in a timely manner
● Provide feedback to project manager on job status, material needs, on-site issues, and other relevant details to each project.
● Ensuring that all safety requirements are being followed by crew members
● Gardening skills: Pruning small trees and shrubs; weeding, deadheading, cutting back seasonal foliage, transplanting, divisions, planting
● General landscape cleanup: plant removal, mulch installation, soil enhancements and planting
● Care for and operate chainsaws and other landscape equipment
● Hardscape skills: grading, stonework, paver installation
● Work full time plus additional hrs. as needed to complete jobs
● Work outside in all weather, performing activities including but not limited to: bending, kneeling, lifting, stooping, squatting, reaching and walking on uneven surfaces for long periods of time.
● Other duties as needed
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
● Hard working in a fast paced, physically demanding environment
● Ability to creatively and practically solve problems in the field
● Ability to provide feedback and solutions on issues in the field
● Excellent plant identification skills for typical Southwest Ohio and Northern Kentucky gardens
● Ability to complete jobs with a high level of quality in the time allotted
● Ability to use mobile apps for accurate timekeeping and property notes
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Consistent ability to interact with co-workers, customers, and community in a respectful and professional manner.
● Dependable and able to work both independently and in a diverse team environment
● Ability to lift fifty pounds on a regular basis
● Ability to arrive to work on time each day ready to be part of a team and energized to lead.
● Experience with dump trailers/truck
Earnings and advancement potential commensurate with overall experience and longevity.
● Past professional landscaping experience / degree in horticulture highly desired, knowledge of organic gardening preferred
● Drivers (Required) - Clean drivers record
● Multiple locations
● Paid Professional Development
● 7 paid holidays
● Eligible for medical, dental and vision benefits
● 10 days of PTO
● Our operating hours are Monday and Friday; 7:30AM to 4:00PM. There will be opportunity for overtime based on client / project demands.
This is a full-time, hourly position.
HOW TO APPLY:
Email resume, cover letter and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
More information and application can be found here.