Organization: Cardinal Land Conservancy
About this position:
Cardinal Land Conservancy Inc. ("CLC") is an Ohio non-profit corporation whose mission is: “To preserve natural habitats, waterways and productive lands we love in southwest Ohio by working with individuals, families and communities.” Cardinal works in seven counties in southwest Ohio to preserve agricultural lands through conservation easements as well as purchasing lands important for conservation to own and manage for the public benefit. We continuously seek to attract new members and donors through communications and events throughout the region to help us achieve tangible, lasting results at scale.
Social Media Specialist (Intern) Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage Social Strategy & Generate Content – Responsible for building out Cardinal’ social media strategy and calendar of content. This should include generating consistent content (2-3x per week) across all Cardinal’s social media accounts. This content should align to Cardinal’s branding guidelines and help drive engagement with members through eye-catching graphics and relevant copy around our conservation efforts, upcoming events, educational content, and more.
- Assist with Event Marketing – Assist Development Manager in marketing Cardinal events by generating visuals, creating Facebook events, boosting posts, and more. Post-event, share event recaps with imagery to help capture our community engagement.
- Assist with Member Engagement – Assist Development Manager in member engagement by responding to follower’s questions, messages, and more through social channels. Attend Development Committee meetings to provide status updates, including KPI reports.
- Boost Brand Awareness & Collaboration – Research opportunities and stay up to date on any external mentions of Cardinal to capitalize off re-share and collaboration opportunities. Find ways to build Cardinal’s relationship with mission-related organizations through promoting others through our social channels.
Work Hours & Organizational Structure
This internship is a part-time unpaid summer position. Expected hours per week range between 10-15 hours but can increase upon candidate’s request. These hours are flexible, outside of a weekly standing touch base, and can be done remotely or at Cardinal Land Conservancy’s office at 790 Garfield Ave, Milford OH. The intern will become part of Cardinal’s Development Committee and will work closely with the Development Manager. The intern will also attend monthly staff meetings to discuss upcoming and past events and collaborate with the team on the best ways to communicate to potential new audiences. In addition, the intern will shadow a board meeting and be provided opportunities to have 1:1s with Cardinal board members. Upon completion, formal recommendation letters may be provided.
Education & Skills
- High school graduate who is interested in a marketing or environmental career.
- Independent worker with good time-management skills.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with attention to detail.
Desired Qualifications & Experience
- Strong understanding of social media platforms.
- Familiar with social media KPIs and measurement.
- Graphic design & copy writing experience.
- Able to follow branding guidelines, communicate a consistent brand.
Desired Software/Tool Experience
- Facebook Ad Manager
- Facebook Insights, Creator Studio
- Meta Business Suite
- Facebook/Instagram Platform
- Canva Design Tool (or similar)
- WordPress, Elementor Website Builder (or similar)
- Constant Contact Marketing Tool (or similar)
- Microsoft Suite (Office, Excel, etc.)
Position open immediately.
To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org as well as any relevant work samples. More information can be found here.