Organization: US EPA - Cincinnati
About this position:
STEM Outreach Coordinator
Open & closing dates: 06/03/2022 to 06/17/2022
Salary: $82,601 - $107,385 per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 12
1 vacancy in the following location: Cincinnati, OH
At the entry level of this position, you will:
- Design, develop, and implement an outreach strategy to engage and grow relationships with local K-12 and university Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) leaders that includes but is not limited to facility tours, internship/mentorship programs, and science related events/celebrations at Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Cincinnati and community wide;
- Coordinate, facilitate, and prepare EPA scientists and engineers to work and engage with students in the local K-12 community and participate in internal and external internship/mentorship programs;
- Serve on agency and ORD committees and panels regarding STEM functions and issues while professionally representing CESER and EPA in Cincinnati;
- Develop and create STEM program briefing materials, reports, and performance metrics for CESER senior management;
- Serve as a contracting officer representative to develop and administer grants or contracts to support the program.
When entering a Federal job at a grade level lower than the highest promotion potential level, you may be promoted to more complex duties and work more independently, as your career progresses. NOTE: Career ladder promotions are not automatic, and all eligibility and qualifications requirements must be met in order to progress to the next grade level.
One or more positions may be filled (in the organization advertised and/or in other organizations).
You will spend less than 25% of your work time on contracts, grants/cooperative agreements, and/or interagency agreements.
More information and application can be found here.