Organization: Hamilton County R3source
About this position:
Deadline to Apply:
- Environmental Services, 250 William Howard Taft Cincinnati, OH 45219
- Full-time/80 hours bi-weekly
- $31.19/per hour
- Highly Competitive Employee Benefits Package and Generous Paid Time Off
We serve the residents of Hamilton County in more ways than you may realize! We make a difference in your everyday life with road maintenance, economic development, emergency response, public safety, services for our children and our families within the community, and more!
- Bachelor's degree in public relations, journalism, communications or closely related field
- five (5) years related experience
- or equivalent combination of education or experience which evidences a thorough knowledge of public relations, and advanced knowledge of management and government structure and process, and demonstrable analytical, organization, public speaking and persuasive writing skills.
Job Duties (Summary):
- Plans, coordinates, and directs communications programs and activities for air quality and solid waste management with communications staff (e.g., assist in establishing communications goals and objectives, develops implementation strategies, develops appropriate operating procedures, prioritizes, schedules, and monitors work flow, etc.); develops, submits and monitors public affairs budget; monitors and evaluates implementation of programs and strategies and recommends appropriate changes; assists in developing agency goals, objectives, policies and procedures; responds to critical and/or sensitive public relations issues.
- Project management: Manages workflow, deadlines, and projects between Communications Department and Solid Waste District to ensure projects are completed on time and on budget. Ensures Communications work plan is followed and adjusts as new priorities and opportunities emerge. Coordinates air quality public initiatives with Agency staff.
- Digital media management: Creates and implements overall digital media strategy to correspond with and support environmental initiatives, outreach, and promotion; Manages the department websites, podcasts, blogs, webinars, air quality alerts, digital marketing, and multiple social media platforms including posting, response, and tracking. Researches and remains informed about new communication technologies and tools for reaching various populations.
- Supervises communications staff (e.g., schedules, assigns and reviews work, evaluates performance, instructs new personnel, recommends personnel actions, etc.); assists employees with complex or difficult assignments.
- Speaks on behalf of and officially represents agency at various public events and meetings as requested; interprets and communicates official position on pertinent matters; receives researches and communicates problems and/or concerns of public officials and general public; serves as liaison between public interest groups and agency; investigates and resolves related matters of a particularly complex or sensitive nature; acts as internal consultant to divisions and assists in the development of strategic communications plans, and provides guidance on media relations, event planning, and development of publications.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Attends training as needed or required.
- Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance.
Apply for this Position
Apply with Indeed
More information and application can be found here.