Organization: Last Mile Food Rescue
About this position:
Chief Operating Officer
We are looking for someone who can communicate our mission in a way that excites Food Donors, Volunteers and the Community. More than enough good food is available for those who need it. Our Chief Storyteller is the critical link to maximizing Food Rescue through volunteers, advocates, and media and directly impacts the mission, growth and sustainability of the Last Mile Food Rescue organization, taking the issue of Food Insecurity ‘off the table’ for Greater Cincinnati.
- Execute Marketing & Digital Strategy:
- Work with a team of industry experts, volunteer members of the LMFR Board Marketing Committee, to develop and execute the annual strategic plan.
- Identify, Recruit and Excite Food Rescue Volunteer work force:
- Find those interested in making a difference by volunteering for Last Mile as Volunteer Drivers.
- Develop relationships with various faith communities, schools, senior centers to recruit volunteers on an on-going basis.
- Create and implement volunteer recruitment campaigns including speaking engagements, volunteer fairs, media coverage, press releases, and marketing materials.
- Engage Volunteers & the Community
- On-board and train all volunteers on LMFR policies, procedures, and goals for community involvement and oversee on-going food safety training and other training for volunteers
- Convert those who hear our story into regular volunteers or ambassadors in the community. Turn new mobile app downloads to volunteers through engaging text and email campaigns. Turn local food purveyors into food donors.
- Messaging & Communications:
- Create the materials needed to tell our story and get the word out to the audience via various media approaches.
- Social Media: Create & schedule daily posts. Respond to and engage with
- the audience.
- Email: Communicate with our LMFR Tribe. Send emails with engaging content
- and updates on impact we are making.
- Website: Develop new content via blogs and pages that engage and excite others to join Last Mile.
- Public Relations: Write press releases and engage the media to broadly share our good work and good news.
- Events: Lead LMFR events to recruit and appreciate our volunteers.
Skills, Qualifications & Competencies:
- Graphic Design: Create engaging marketing materials with graphic design that visually tells our story.
- Copy Writing: Write new content for newsletters, annual reports, brochures, fact sheets, flyers, banners, event signage, invitations, etc.
- Photography: Maintain the LMFR photo library.
- Passion to make a difference in the areas of hunger relief, food rescue and food waste reduction.
- Digitally savvy: expertise in Social Media, comfortable with learning CRM databases, phone systems and other computer software
- such: Microsoft 365 tools, Salesforce, Paypal, publishing/layout programs.
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Generous Health Care stipend
- Digital Start-up Environment & Supportive Culture
- Minimum experience 3 years
- Compensation $43-49,500 depending on qualifications
More information and application can be found here.