Organization: Cardinal Land Conservancy
About this position:
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR PART-TIME EMPLOYEE
Cardinal Land Conservancy Inc. ("CLC") is an Ohio non-profit corporation whose mission is: “To preserve natural habitats, waterways and productive lands we love in southwest Ohio by working with individuals, families and communities.” Cardinal works in seven counties in southwest Ohio to preserve agricultural lands through conservation easements as well as purchasing lands important for conservation to own and manage for the public benefit. We continuously seek to attract new members and donors through communications and events throughout the region.
Office Manager Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Administrative Support- record keeping, taking of minutes at meetings on request, maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems. Designs and implements office policies following our standards and practices, measuring results and making necessary adjustments.
- Project Administration- Writing grant/project application materials, gathering information and bringing projects to closing.
- Membership Support- Helping the organization to grow and maintain membership by doing outreach in all forms--verbal, written, electronic. Electronic communication includes engagement on social media as well as website creative input and updating. Manager is also responsible for updating donor database. In conjunction with the Executive Director, Employee is responsible for organizing and running membership events.
- Fundraising/Development Support- Assist the Executive Director and Development Committee with implementing the fundraising plan and activities.
- Financial Support – supports the Executive Director and Finance Committee in maintaining day-to-day basic accounting practices including basic bookkeeping support and keeping our accounts and memberships up-to-date.
Work Hours and Benefits
This position is considered part-time with an hourly wage of $14.00 - $16.00 per hour. Hours worked should be 20-24 hours per week. Pay is every two weeks. Professional development opportunities are encouraged, and hours are flexible including working from home when necessary. Healthcare and retirement benefits apply to this position. Approved travel expenses will be reimbursed by submitting an expense report to the Finance Committee. This employee is classified as an At Will employee.
Office Manager Qualifications/Skills
- Supply Management.
- Effective Written and Verbal Communication. Should be able to produce written materials for a variety of audiences and occasions. Must communicate in a professional manner with landowners and members on phone and facilitate small groups in person.
- Basic office skills including phone system, printer, copier, MS Word, Excel and Adobe. - Basic Accounting. Employee will assist with gathering receipts and tracking expenses. - Grant Administration. Employee will assist with communication and task relating to acquiring and administering grant funds.
- Facilitation Skills. Employee will be expected to delegate tasks to board, staff, and volunteers.
- Attention to detail. Employee should have to skills to implement existing and create new SOP.
- Experience supervising small groups in the workplace is desirable.
- Education & Experience
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Two to three years’ experience in an office setting
- Proficient with office software
More information and application can be found here.