Organization: Loveland Learning Garden
About this position:
Come help us make kids smile outdoors! Loveland Learning Garden 501(c)(3) of Loveland, Ohio is seeking individuals effective at leading primary/elementary age students in fun, hands-on, outdoor lessons using our onsite food/floral garden and nature trail as learning environments. Classroom teachers signup to bring their students outside to learn and our Garden Nature Educators take over. Choose your own days/times and have a say in what lesson title(s) you teach based on your areas of interest or background. Lesson plans and materials are available although creativity is encouraged and you are welcome to try new approaches to make it a great experience for everyone. The goal is to have a great time seeing kids smile as they explore, observe and investigate the natural world while supplementing what they are learning in class.
- Deliver nature-based lessons to 1st-4th graders in an outdoor environment
- Guide students through interactive learning using explanations and facilitation techniques relevant to age group
- As needed, adapt approach to meet needs of group, learning objectives and weather conditions
- Prepare lesson and organize supplies for successful outcomes; continually improve content and delivery
- Effectively manage student behavior and group dynamics while ensuring the experience is fun and positive!
- Share lesson improvement ideas and successful approaches
- Suggest new lessons or activities
- Use relevant technology to support communication with teachers or nonprofit team as needed
- Contribute pictures for social media posts to support program outreach
An ideal candidate will possess:
- Self-motivation; responsible, punctual, professional
- High energy level; outgoing and friendly personality
- Enthusiasm for working with children to build love of nature and fresh food
- Clear communication skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving ownership
- Resourcefulness and creativity
- Highly flexible based on availability. Classes are scheduled in 40-minute slots weekdays between 9:30-3:30pm during Fall
- (late August thru October) and Spring (April thru May). Opportunities also exist for summer camp and afterschool program.
This is an independent contract position. Fee paid according to terms of agreed proposal. Send resume, references and fee required to firstname.lastname@example.org Must be able to pass a background check.