Organization: Donovan Energy
About this position:
Our Energy Advisors are responsible for the business development function within Donovan Energy. A successful candidate should possess a strong sales background and a proven track record of delivering customized solutions for clients, particularly in the Southwest Ohio / Northern Kentucky region.
Our Energy Advisors are required to have a firm understanding of Donovan Energy’s clean energy solutions and be comfortable finding, engaging, developing and growing new clients, some of which may not have much experience with energy-centric initiatives. A key skill is to identify and position compelling project value propositions. The ideal candidate is a strong team player who supports his/her Donovan Energy colleagues with the time and attention necessary to foster a collaborative, mutually supportive sales team culture.
REPORTS TO: VP of Advisory Services
- Serves customers by identifying compelling and valuable clean energy solutions that meet their needs
- Organizes daily work schedule in service of establishing new clients and maintaining or growing existing accounts
- Pursues identified leads and establishes new leads
- Achieves or exceeds quarterly growth and annual sales targets
- Compiles and adjusts sales presentations, as needed, with input from potential customers and from Marketing and Sales leadership
- Identifies customer solutions and works collaboratively with the Donovan Energy Solutions team to build and deliver compelling proposals
- Communicates regularly with customers and prospects
- Internalizes customer feedback to recommend changes in products, services, and policies
- Maintains accurate project status via CRM database, sales pipeline, account profile, quotations, and day-to-day customer contact activities
- Provides input to Donovan Energy’s sales strategy across products and services
- Effectively communicates and adheres to company policy; pricing, promotions, etc.
- Resolves customer issues by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, and making recommendations to management.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops such as lunch- and-learn events, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies
- Contributes to overall team effort.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
Education: College degree or equivalent experience in solution-based, business to business sales.
- A proven record of success in business-to-business sales, with return on investment
- (ROI) solution selling a must.
- A solid background of interactions with building owners, C-level executives,
- sustainability, and facility leaders is a key to success.
- Vertical experience with commercial real estate, parking, hospitality, healthcare, and industrial/warehousing sectors is very helpful.
- A strong network with Sustainability leaders, CFO/CEO’s within medium to large
- organization will ensure success in this role.
- Knowledge and experience with clean energy, energy efficiency, or finance is a plus
COMPETENCE AND SKILL SET
- Demonstrated ability to hit sales goals and navigate high-stress environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to drive resolution
- Practical knowledge of Google based cloud collaboration tools (i.e. Gmail, Google Drive, etc.) and the Microsoft Office suite
- Expertise with PowerPoint and delivering compelling presentations
- Experience working with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software
- Competency with determining ROI and other financial measurements that help clients make impactful financial decisions
- Fluency with various third-party finance tools to enable sales
- Comfort in working both as an individual contributor and as a member of a team
- Understanding and prior use with sales methodology
- An understanding and experience in positively contributing to great corporate culture
- Excited about Donovan Energy and the potential to transform our economy to run on clean, efficient energy and positively impact the world
- High level of self-confidence, motivation, maturity, and integrity
- Capable of finding answers to questions
- Driven to support customers, vendors and partners
- Sense of humor
- Base salary $50,000 with an uncapped variable quarterly commission based on Gross profit
- attainment, Group health, dental, and vision insurance as well as FSA and HSA plans
- Four weeks paid time off plus nine holidays
- Flexible working environment.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN DONOVAN ENERGY?
- Fast-growing company in a hot industry
- Great people.
- Full sales training and mentorship including:
- Sales methodology
- Complete and compelling solution set
- Strong value propositions and return on investment (ROI) solutions
- Known, ideal deal target verticals
- Strong marketing and demand generation program
More information and application can be found here.