Organization: Red Bike
About this position:
JOB TYPE: Full or Part-Time, including weekends, 20-40 hours a week
COMPENSATION: $13-$15/hour, health benefits available to full-time employees.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 15th, 2022. Interviews will be scheduled as qualified applications arrive.
REQUIREMENTS: Must be a licensed driver.
Red Bike is looking for System Technicians to help with all aspects of operating the Red Bike system, including rebalancing the system by moving bikes from full to empty stations and the reverse, changing e-bike batteries, completing bicycle and station maintenance and refurbishment, and providing customer service to our riders. Ideal candidates will be highly motivated, team oriented, friendly individuals with strong customer service and problem-solving skills, and will be available to work peak hours (nights & weekends). Full and part time positions are available based on applicant’s qualifications, availability, and desired schedule. The System Technicians report to the Operations Manager.
Red Bike is the region’s most fun system of public transportation: A bike sharing system serving Cincinnati & Northern Kentucky with 600 classic and electric-assist bicycles, from 62 stations. Red Bike is a non-profit organization dedicated to the joy and wellness of our neighbors by providing a low-cost, healthy, and green transportation option that makes Greater Cincinnati more vibrant and connected.
Please submit a resume and brief introductory email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BIPOC and multilingual individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Red Bike is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace.
Training on bicycle and station maintenance and system technology will be provided. No bike mechanic experience required.
- Maintain bicycle and station operations including rebalancing, swapping e-bike batteries, bicycle maintenance, station maintenance and cleanliness.
- Close coordination with Operations Manager and the customer service team to ensure that all customer needs are addressed and resolved.
- Interact with customers as a public face of Red Bike, ensuring positive experiences at all times.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Rebalance the system – Addressing full or empty stations.
- Swap e-bike batteries.
- Inspect and evaluate bicycles and Red Bike stations for safety, functionality, and cleanliness.
- Perform routine bicycle maintenance, cleaning and repairs as necessary.
- Identify and report bicycles in need of in-house repair.
- Perform routine station maintenance and repairs as necessary.
- Identify, report, and resolve, if possible, all station malfunctions and/or problems.
- Dismantle, refurbish, repaint, and re-install stations and docks in the field.
- Use technology to record all maintenance/repair activity.
- Assist with bike and station assembly and installation.
- Answer customer service calls and respond to customer needs in the field.
- Operate and maintain system vehicles.
- Attend and help promote Red Bike at events.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Team oriented and focused on continuous improvement.
- Ability to understand technical aspects of the software and the hardware capabilities and needs of a bike share system.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Mechanical or electrical background a plus.
- Skills with hand tools, power tools, and general maintenance and repair a plus.
- Self-motivated and ability to deal with and meet changing deadlines.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, warehouse/shop environment.
- Comfortable riding a bicycle in city traffic.
- Ability to lift up to 50+ lbs. repeatedly; cycle up to 10 miles per day in urban areas; stoop, bend, and stand for long periods.
- Willingness and ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Willingness to have fun!
More information and application can be found here.