Organization: Red Bike
About this position:
JOB TYPE: Full or Part-Time, 20-40 hours a week
COMPENSATION RANGE: $14-$16/hour based on experience, health benefits available for full-time employees.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 15th, 2022. Interviews will be scheduled as qualified applications arrive.
REQUIREMENTS: Bicycle Mechanic experience, valid driver’s license preferred.
Red Bike is looking for experienced bike mechanics to help with all aspects of maintaining and repairing the Red Bike fleet of bikes and electric-assist bikes. Some fieldwork and customer service may be required as directed. Ideal candidates will be highly motivated, team oriented, friendly individuals with strong problem-solving skills and will be available to work standard general business hours, although weekend shifts are available if preferred. Full and part time positions are available based on applicant’s experience, availability, and desired schedule. Bike Mechanics report to the Operations Manager.
Red Bike is the region’s most fun system of public transportation: A bike sharing system serving Cincinnati & Northern Kentucky with 600 classic and electric-assist bicycles, from 62 stations. Red Bike is a non-profit organization dedicated to the joy and wellness of our neighbors by providing a low-cost, healthy, and green transportation option that makes Greater Cincinnati more vibrant and connected.
Please submit a resume and brief introductory email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BIPOC and multilingual individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Red Bike is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace.
Training on Red Bike bicycle maintenance and system technology will be provided.
- Inspect, repair, and maintain functionality of a fleet of bikes and ebikes.
- Maintain a clean and efficient shop space for all shop users.
- Work alongside Shop Manager to ensure tools and parts inventory are kept in order.
- Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Be on time for scheduled shifts (shift scheduling has some flexibility).
- Stay organized and motivated to maximize productivity.
- Inspect and diagnose bikes quickly and thoroughly.
- Lift 50+ lb. bikes into and repair stands, multiple times per day.
- Assess and repair problems with components including, but not limited to: pneumatic tires, threaded bottom brackets, cable actuated brakes and shifting, bicycle wheel truing, low voltage LED lighting, ebike drive units and batteries, and many other bicycle related issues.
- Clean-up workbenches and other shop spaces at end of shift.
- Maintain thorough records of repairs made on each bike.
- Maintain accurate records of bike locations and conditions.
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Team oriented and focused on continuous improvement.
- Ability to understand technical aspects of the software and the hardware capabilities and needs of a bike share system.
- Skills with hand tools, power tools, and general maintenance and repair a plus.
- Self-motivated and ability to deal with and meet changing deadlines.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, warehouse/shop environment.
- Comfortable riding a bicycle in city traffic.
- Ability to lift up to 50+ lbs. repeatedly; ride up to 10 miles per day in urban areas; stoop, bend, and stand for long periods.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record (Preferred).
- Willingness to have fun!
More information and application can be found here.