Organization: Red Bike
About this position:
JOB TITLE: Outreach and Education Assistant
JOB TYPE: Part-Time
COMPENSATION: $17/hour, maximum 28 hours/week
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 20, 2023
REQUIREMENTS: Must be a licensed driver
Please submit a resume and brief introductory email to email@example.com.
Red Bike is Cincinnati’s non-profit station-based bike share system. We are a small, local team connecting people to places and each other by providing a low-cost, green transportation option. We partner with communities to improve lives through bikes. We’re working toward a more just and joyful transportation network by changing how people move.
We’re looking for a thoughtful and outgoing individual to join our team. Working in tandem with the Engagement Manager, the O&E Assistant will help us continue to prioritize people, opportunity, and joy throughout Red Bike’s engagement initiatives. The O&E Assistant position supports our efforts to deepen our relationship within the growing number of neighborhoods we serve by emphasizing Red Bike awareness, access, and use.
BIPOC and multilingual individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Red Bike is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- General knowledge of Red Bike system, equipment, software, how-to, offerings, and programs (provided)
- Attend and present in community and partner meetings, as well as Red Bike membership classes
- Assist with member enrollment at community events
- Assist with organizing and promoting community bike rides and station launch events
- Participate in and lead community bike rides
- Assist with developing and implementing new programming for Art Bikes, Community Bike Routes, Bike Safety & Ride Leader Training, business and bulk pass programs
- Assist with Outreach Ambassador recruitment, scheduling, and coordination
- Assist with user data collection, evaluation, and reporting
- Assist with writing and sharing stories about Red Bike, locally and nationally
- Assist with development of toolkits and playbooks for programs and ambassadors
- Potential opportunity for professional development through conference attendance and travel
The O&E Assistant reports to the Engagement Manager. Together they will determine a schedule, anticipating 3-4 shifts a week, in the office and in the field at community meetings and events. Shifts in the field will occasionally take place in the evening or on the weekend. Training on the bikeshare system and software will be provided.
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Community organizing experience, with strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Team oriented, yet self-motivated and capable of completing tasks independently
- Strong communicator, able to take direction, and set and meet deadlines
- Strong understanding of general office computer software; design skills preferred
- Curiosity, critical thinking, and ideation encouraged
- Ability to lift 50 lbs., stoop, bend, and stand for extended periods
- Willingness and ability to work some evenings, weekends, and in various weather conditions
- Support for bicycling and bikeshare; comfortable riding a Red Bike in city traffic
BIPOC and multilingual individuals are strongly encouraged to apply
More information and application can be found here.