Organization: Hamilton County R3source
About this position:
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Deadline to Apply: Open Until Filled
Work Location: Environmental Services 250 William Howard Taft Cincinnati, OH 45219
Work Hours: Full-time/80 hours bi-weekly
Starting Salary: $22.55 per hour
Highly Competitive Employee Benefits Package and Generous Paid Time Off
We serve the residents of Hamilton County in more ways than you may realize! We make a difference in your everyday life with road maintenance, economic development, emergency response, public safety, services for our children and our families within the community, and more!
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- two (2) years relevant experience
- or equivalent combinations of education, training and/or experience which indicates a thorough knowledge of program/functional area issues and operations, government structure and process and an advanced knowledge of public relations
- Must have valid driver’s license issued by the state of residency
Job Duties (Summary):
- Provides technical assistance to industries, businesses, and institutions (e.g. performs waste reduction and recycling assessments); assists with implementing waste reduction, reuse, composting, and recycling programs; provides accurate advice on waste disposal practices according to state and federal law; disseminates information pertinent topics).
- Acts as the District coordinator and liaison for the Southwest Ohio Pollution Prevention Internship program. Develops long term relationships with businesses to host interns; Recruits, interviews, recommends interns for program; Evaluates project proposals, helps adjust proposals to fit mission of district and ensure success of project; Conducts training program for interns; acts as supervisory/mentoring role in collaboration with host industry.
- Establishes and maintains rapport with business, industrial, institutional representatives; attends related meetings; gives presentations; develops and prepares workshops on waste reduction, recycling and related topics. Manage special projects related to business waste reduction, reuse, and recycling; performs research on topics related to business waste reduction programs.
- Assist in preparing the annual report to the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency (e.g., conducts commercial and industrial recycling survey).
- Work collaboratively and provide support to other staff; assist with special projects and programs; evaluate program effectiveness and create reports; other duties as assigned.
More information and application can be found here.