Organization: Hamilton County Environmental Services
About this position:
Deadline to Apply:
Open Until Filled
250 William Howard Taft
Cincinnati, OH 45219
Full-time 80 Hours/Bi-weekly
Highly Competitive Employee Benefits Package and Generous Paid Time Off
We serve the residents of Hamilton County in more ways than you may realize! We make a difference in your everyday life with road maintenance, economic development, emergency response, public safety, services for our children and our families within the community, and more!
Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, communication or closely related field three (3) years of progressive/related experience
Job Duties (Summary):
- Social Media Strategy and Management: Coordinate the Department’s digital/social media strategy and execution by providing multimedia content for the website, social media sites, and email campaigns. Develop and coordinate the social media calendar to ensure consistent online activity that coordinates with the Department’s marketing calendar. This includes managing and maintaining posting schedules for both divisions of the Department. Respond to all social media inquiries using the Department’s voice and guidelines, understanding the need to appropriately answer questions, convey sensitive issues, or deal with frustrated public.
- Social Media Monitoring: Monitor and track social media initiatives using web analytic tools and establishing metrics. Prepare quarterly reports to update internal staff on usage statistics and vital information.
- Content Creation and Writing: Create engaging photo and video content by attending events including, but not limited to school trips, adult seminars, community outreach, tabling events, etc. Create, develop and maintain strategic social media marketing messaging and campaigns for the Department.
- Digital Marketing and Advertising: Execute digital marketing campaigns through paid advertising on social media and through Google.
- Team Support: Serves as a supportive role to update website with new content, events programs, and news. Serves as part of the Communications’ Air Quality Alert team, who contacts the media and public via email, website, and social media when air quality is forecasted to be unhealthy. Work collaboratively and provide support to other staff, assist with other projects as assigned.
- Work collaboratively and provide support to other staff, assist with other projects as assigned
More information can be found here.