Organization: Interact For Health
Interact for Health is seeking a seasoned leader to be the Senior Program Officer for Interact's Regional Opioid Response Team. The Senior Program Officer works in collaboration with the opioid team to develop and implement strategies that align with Interact's Strategic Plan. This work will include building a regional network to develop a shared agenda, policy priorities and common messaging to address the opioid epidemic, as well as implementing other strategies, such as harm reduction, to meet the needs of the community. The Senior Program Officer is an integral part of Interact for Health's staff and assists in achieving Interact for Health's strategic goals.
Grantmaking and Program Management
• Manage a portfolio of grants, operating programs and other activities that contribute to organization's strategic objectives
• Work collaboratively with organizations in shaping grant proposals to maximize community health and organizational stability
• Critically evaluate proposals, following established processes for proposal review
• Supervise operating programs at Interact for Health and the Funders Response to the Heroin Epidemic at InterAct for Change, including related contractors and staff
• Collaborate with other staff members to complete grantmaking, monitoring and evaluation processes
• Provide leadership in the Opioid and Substance Use Disorder work of Interact for Health, identifying key emerging trends and advancing knowledge in the field
• Proactively identify opportunities and potential partnerships
• Collaborate with other staff members to prepare and coordinate materials that support the organization's policy and strategic agendas
• Contribute to Interact for Health's health policy efforts
• Advance health equity within portfolio and throughout the organization
• Represent Interact for Health to the public and professional groups
• Communicate both informally and formally about Interact for Health's activities
• Manage external relationships with key partners (nonprofit, governmental, philanthropic, professional, advocacy, etc.)
• Convene partners and cultivate relationships to maximize Interact for Health's investments in the community
• As a catalyst, provide resources (time, leadership and technical assistance) to selected community efforts or programs
• Commitment to Interact's mission, vision and values
• Substantial field-related or foundation experience (10-15 years min.)
• Managerial experience (5-10 years) with business planning ability
• A master's degree in a related discipline, preferred
• Knowledge of behavioral health issues and systems within Interact for Health's region
• Current working knowledge of the region's opioid crisis
• Experience providing value-added consultation to grantseekers and community partners
• Experience using data in decision-making
• Experience with health policy
• Excellent leadership and communications skills
• Excellent customer-service skills
• Ability to work well as part of a team
• Experience managing complex relationships, coalitions and multi-stakeholder projects
Applicants should demonstrate intelligence, integrity and a commitment to improving the health of people in the Greater Cincinnati region. Interact for Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants should submit the following to Christine Bennett, Senior Director of Payroll, Benefits and Human Resources, (email@example.com). The application period closes at 5 p.m. Wednesday, April 25, 2018.
• Cover letter
• Detailed resume/CV
• Salary Requirements
• Contact information for three references.
For questions, contact Kate Keller, Vice President, Community & System Strategies firstname.lastname@example.org.