Organization: Ohio River Foundation
Ohio River Foundation, a regional conservation non-profit organization seeks part-time seasonal Field Educators for its fall/spring River Explorer Education Programs in Greater Cincinnati.
- Work with education team to conduct ½ day hands-on education field trips for 4th – 12th grade students and special groups. Activities and topics include: wildlife observation, biological sampling, water quality testing, ecosystem and watershed concepts, and safety review
- Manage and maintain educational and scientific equipment
- Assist staff with program development
- This position requires the ability to lift and carry equipment (up to 30lbs.) and safely exit and enter streams, creeks, and rivers.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- College coursework in biology, ecology, or related field
- Education coursework or experience with children in an education setting preferred
- Strong communication skills desired; ability to work self-directed and team member
- General knowledge of conservation issues and environmental laws
- Ability to make decisions quickly and independently
- Ability to communicate in a professional, accurate and enthusiastic manner.
SALARY: Competitive hourly wage
Position is part-time seasonal (Fall/Spring), 2 to 3 trips/week (weekdays), typically 8:45 am – 2 pm.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: To apply email or fax your resume to:Ohio River Foundation
firstname.lastname@example.orgOhio River Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.