Organization: MetroParks of Butler County
Summary: This working supervisor will supervise, coordinate and/or perform daily processing of accounts payable, and general financial record keeping and accounting duties including, but not limited to: procurement facilitation, tracking of gifts, grants and donations, grant cost accounting and reimbursements, preparation of monthly reports, and maintenance of accurate accounts payable and receivables records in a manner consistent with State regulation, internal policies and fiscal officer’s policies.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Supervises, coordinates, and/or implements purchasing record retention, revenue tracking, and cash receipt deposits. Makes/requests encumbrances and Fiscal officer’s certificates. Processes transfers to ledger accounts and monitors the organizational purchasing process; Coordinates and facilitates purchasing by other staff with regard to State regulations and MetroParks’ policy as assigned.
- Supervises and/or performs accounts payable and receivables functions including: checking invoices for accuracy; preparing invoices for vouchering; verifying statements and invoices; maintaining voucher files as assigned.
- Supervises and/or performs audits of all MetroParks revenue producing operations (enterprise activities), including receipts for, but not limited to: Motor Vehicle Permits, beverage, banquet, concession and misc. sales, facility rentals, etc. and daily deposits made at various MetroParks locations, coordinates deposits and prepares and maintains deposit paperwork and/or forms as required by MetroParks policy, fiscal officer/treasurer and state regulation and/or supervises subordinate staff who perform such tasks.
- Prepares timely and accurate reporting of monthly financial reports including Schedules of Payables and other Board resolutions relative to resolution approval or ratification and/or supervises subordinate staff who perform such tasks.
- Suggests account transfers (budget modifications) to supervisor and composes transfer correspondence as instructed.
- Keeps records of all gifts, donations and grants. Reports same to supervisor on a monthly and basis and annually as required by MetroParks policy and state regulation.
- Assists with the preparation of the annual budget and periodic state audit as assigned.
- Performs/assists with month end closing activities of financial records.
- Prepares, processes, tracks costs, submits, creates and files reimbursement requests for grant projects. Manages and tracks income and/or expenses for special projects as assigned.
- Keeps records and files regarding insurance, internal inventory, and property tax exemptions and payments.
- Manages vendor credit accounts and processes new credit account requests. Monitors MetroParks credit card usage and alerts supervisor of possible fraudulent credit account/card usage or use which is not in compliance with MetroParks policy or current administrative directives.
- Compiles and keeps track of (maintains files of) organizational contracts.
- Performs technical accounts maintenance.
- Reconciles and/or monitors specific accounting and fiscal functions.
- Works collaboratively and effectively with all members of the organization, as a team leader/contributor. Communicates and explains purpose and rationale for policies, schedules, changes in procedures etc. with all managerial staff members in a timely and helpful manner.
- Provides training on financial related policies and procedures to other employees as scheduled. Arranges and conducts cross training among subordinate staff so as to provide maximum flexibility and continuous service to the staff or other departments.
- Operates MetroParks licensed vehicles assigned for use by supervisor and/or operates other vehicles on behalf of employer.
- Serves as backup to Manager of Financial Services on duties such as, but not limited to, Board Report Financials, budget transfers, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to meet and deal with the public in a professional, helpful and pleasant manner. Serves as a goodwill ambassador for MetroParks of Butler County at all times.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality on sensitive issues, privileged information and nonpublic records.
- Proficiency in filing; knowledge of proper telephone etiquette; good diction; knowledge of proper word usage, punctuation and letter-writing skills; and competency in the correct operation of standard office equipment, including the ability to operate common computer systems and software.
- Keyboarding ability of a minimum of 30 words per minute.
- Ability to work unsupervised, to organize and coordinate, to prioritize and self-initiate, and to manage administrative tasks.
- Must be able to communicate and deal tactfully and in a timely and effective manner with superiors, subordinates, co-workers, and the general public in-person or via email, phone, or written document.
Required Education and Experience:
- A high school diploma or equivalent and a two (2) year accounting or business degree from an accredited business school or college; or a high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of five (5) years bookkeeping or accounting experience.
- Good character with no history of serious criminal activity (felony convictions) is required. Ability to be bonded against dishonesty and theft by MetroParks of Butler County’s current liability insurance carrier under existing coverage provisions at the time of employment and thereafter.
- A valid driver’s license with an acceptable motor vehicle record allowing insurability by the park district’s current vehicle insurance carrier under existing coverage provisions at the time of employment and thereafter. Candidates for employment may not have more than 4 total points (or equivalent penalty) on his/her driving record at the time of employment issued by a recognized licensing authority for driving-related violations.
Work Environment & Schedule: This position is a full-time, non-exempt position that is generally in an office environment. Works as scheduled by supervisor or as delegated, establishes personal schedule and the schedules of subordinate staff as to provide maximum department coverage within current budgetary constraints. Position may require weekend or holiday duty as arranged.
While performing the duties of this job, the Financial Services Team Leader is regularly required to stay in a stationary position, to traverse, and to converse effectively. This employee may occasionally move up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodation will be made for known physical limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities.
Learn more and apply here!