Greenspace Ambassador assists the Operations teams and other seasonal staff in site cleanliness and safety at Washington Park, Ziegler Park, Fountain Square, Over-the-Rhine District and Downtown Cincinnati District in accordance with established policies and procedures. The Greenspace Ambassador is integral to our success at supplying a quality experience to each and every visitor to our public spaces and Over-the-Rhine. He or she is also responsible for adhering to company policies and providing excellent customer service to all patrons and partners.
Excellent Customer Service:
- Greet visitors at public spaces and public streets.
- Make eye contact, engage visitors to the city and/or events with a friendly greeting.
- Engage visitors if their behavior conflicts with a posted rule or regulation .
- Provide directions, information, city information or recommendations to visitors to the area as needed.
- Maintain a positive, professional environment in full compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, policies, procedures, and overall 3CDC standards of operations and customer service.
- Ability to take direction from and report information to direct supervisor.
- Operate vehicles or powered equipment, such as mowers, utility vehicles, trailers, pressure washers, snow blowers, chain-saws, electric clippers, or pruning saws.
- Operate grounds maintenance equipment.
- Drive trucks or other vehicles to or at work sites.
- Prune trees and shrubs.
- Plan landscaping projects that include, but are not limited to: mowing, edging, pruning, mulching, and trimming.
- Cut/remove weeds, trim bushes, and edge lawns using a variety of machines.
- Pull and spray for weeds.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to stay on task and work independently.
- Ability to take direction and multi-task in a high-paced environment.
3CDC is a private, non-profit, full-service, real estate development and finance organization focused on revitalizing Cincinnati’s urban core in partnership with the City of Cincinnati and the Cincinnati corporate community. 3CDC’s work is specifically focused on the Central Business District and in the Over-the-Rhine neighborhood. 3CDC invests in and develops residential, office and retail properties, parking facilities and civic spaces. 3CDC also manages multiple real estate assets and provides event production services and management for four major civic Spaces - Fountain Square, Washington Park, Zeigler Park and Memorial Hall. With an annual operating budget of $9.1 million, 3CDC has a staff of approximately 100 full time and 120 part-time employees engaged in real estate development, asset management, event production, civic space operations, marketing, public relations, fundraising, finance and accounting. To date, 3CDC has invested in real estate projects totaling over $1.4 billion. In addition, 3CDC manages over 30 assets with annual operating revenues totaling more than $29 million.
3CDC also manages The Cincinnati Equity Fund and the Cincinnati New Markets Fund (the Funds). These investment funds, totaling about $146 million, provide necessary financial capital to 3CDC’s development projects
- Applicants must have a valid driver license with no more than 6 points.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and problem-solve accordingly.
- Personable, positive and enthusiastic attitude with capability to deal effectively with people (both internal and external).
- Able to make good decisions quickly in stressful situations.
- Sense of initiative with desire to become truly involved in the development of our civic spaces, garages, Downtown Cincinnati District and Over-the-Rhine District.
- Works well in teams or as an individual.
- Receives, delegates, and completes tasks in a professional and timely manner.
- Able to quickly adapt to needs of business and manage changing priorities.
- Prior experience with equipment used for pressure washing, snow removal, and cityscape maintenance a bonus.
- Be able to work holidays, evenings and weekends as scheduled.
- Able to pass criminal and background checks.
- Horticulture, planting techniques, and carpentry experience a plus.
Licenses, Credentials, Certifications:
Skills or specialized knowledge (examples below):
- Swift and courteous customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, work habits and consistent follow-through.
- Must be able to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality.
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Job requires lifting at least 50lbs and standing/walking at least 8 hours on one’s feet in the elements.