Organization: Elmwood Stock Farm
Position: Sheep and Poultry Flocks Manager
Elmwood Stock Farm, Georgetown KY USA;
Start Date: March 2021 Full-time,
Monday-Friday 7am-5pm, with some seasonal and task-based variability.
Elmwood Stock Farm raises animals outdoors, year-round on pasture. The sheep and poultry flocks manager will perform daily feeding and watering and movement of pens and electric fencing, maintain all facilities and equipment associated with the sheep, turkey, layer, and broiler operations at Elmwood Stock Farm. Monitoring the health of animals is critical in a sound production system, so a keen eye on animal behavior and an action attitude to tend to issues at hand is a must. Elmwood Stock Farm is a family-owned farming business located in Scott County, KY. The farm covers 550 acres and grows a wide assortment of organic vegetables. Additional production includes row crops, hay for livestock, grass-fed and -finished beef cattle and sheep, along with pasture-raised pigs, chickens, and heritage breed turkeys. The farmland is USDA Certified Organic, as are the crops, the animals, and the products produced. This is unique for the area, and we are proud to maintain a healthy place to work while producing nutritious farm foods for our customers and our farm crew.
Required Skills and Attributes
• Positive attitude and desire to meet high expectations.
• Exceptional timeliness and reliable, consistent attendance.
• Good communication skills and ability to excel in a team work environment.
• Good communication skills of planning, executing, evaluating, and follow up for a task.
• Good organizational skills and ability to follow existing processes.
• Ability to work alone while maintaining efficiency and staying on task.
• Ability to follow directions, ask questions when needed, and complete a task as directed.
• Dependability, trustworthiness, and responsibility, as the animals are totally dependent on your care. • Strong time management skills a must.
• Willingness to work in conditions directly affected by weather, including heat and humidity, harsh cold winds, rain, and snow.
• Ability to handle heavy loads up to 70 pounds.
• Ability to safely operate farm equipment.
• Basic knowledge and ability to use hand tools such as drills, saws, hammers, etc.
• Adherence to company employee manual and terms of employment policy.
• Valid driver’s license. Job Responsibilities
• Perform twice daily feeding chores of all groups, including moving fences or structures as needed, and gathering eggs.
• Reliably and consistently report to work with the recognition of the responsibility at hand.
• Monitor animal performance and health.
• Daily communication on animal health, feed and supply inventory, and tasks status.
• Perform minor veterinary care and handle the animals to do so.
• Maintain accurate records of performance
• Additional tasks as the needs of the farm change through the seasons. • Repair and maintain tools, equipment, and structures.
• Be trained and practice respectful Animal Welfare Standards in care and production.
• Be trained in Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) and maintain compliance with food safety standards.
• Be trained and become knowledgeable of Organic Certification and maintain compliance. Compensation and Benefits
● Opportunity to join the dynamic Elmwood Stock Farm team: You will have the opportunity to work in an organized, busy environment with varied tasks from day to day resulting in a daily sense of accomplishment. The training you will get and the skills you will develop can last a lifetime.
● Gain experience working in the commercial production and marketing of USDA Certified Organic crops and livestock.
● Be part of a team that is performing meaningful work providing nutritious, wholesome and safe food to individuals and families that are appreciative and dependent on what you do each day to feed them.
● Access to free organic vegetables, discounted grass-fed and pasture raised, organic meats and eggs.
● Chef-prepared home-cooked lunch each workday.
● Paid sick leave.
● Compensation dependent on professional experience in the range $12 to $13 per hour.
Position: Farmers Market Stand Workers
Georgetown KY USA
Start Date: May 2021
Part-time seasonal position We're in search of one or two more friendly faces to work at our stand at the Farmers Markets. Rain or shine, hot or cold, we attend all the outdoor markets from mid-May to mid-October. In this position, you will help set up and take down the stand, restock vegetables, assist customers with sales as well as answer questions about our produce and meats, the farm, the crops and share recipe ideas. As a representative of the farm, we will train you in basic facts about Elmwood Stock Farm and the vegetables and meats we grow and sell. We look for individuals who are physically fit, friendly and able to communicate well with the public. Sales or customer service experience, fast adding and subtracting skills, an interest in organic foods, high energy, and a smiling face are required. Experience in cooking will be very helpful, but is not necessary.
Openings we are looking to fill are on Saturdays in Lexington, hours 6:30am - 2:30pm and on Sundays in Cincinnati, hours 8:00am – 2pm. We need a regular commitment every week. Compensation includes an hourly wage and extra veggies from the farm. Have fun and make some money this summer! To apply, visit the employment link and download an application at www.ElmwoodStockFarm.com (859) 621-0755
Position: Customer Service Manager
Elmwood Stock Farm,
Start Date: June 7, 2021 Monday-Friday,
35 to 45 hours weekly, full-time The Customer Service Manager will professionally assist CSA members and customers with inquiries, orders, questions about production and purchasing, and all the assortment of needs that arise. Working with the other members of the Communications Team, the Customer Service Manager will develop positive relationships with CSA members and customers and consistently provide excellent service that meets or exceeds expectations. Elmwood Stock Farm is a family-owned farming business located in Scott County, KY. The farm covers 550 acres and grows a wide assortment of organic vegetables. Additional production includes row crops, hay for livestock, grass-fed and -finished beef cattle and sheep, along with pasture-raised pigs, chickens, and heritage breed turkeys. The farmland is USDA Certified Organic, as are the crops, the animals and the products produced. This is unique for the area, and we are proud to maintain a healthy place to work while producing nutritious farm foods for our customers.
Required Skills and Attributes
• Positive attitude and desire to meet high expectations.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
• Good interpersonal skills and active problem-solving skills.
• Ability and willingness to be flexible and respond to changing circumstances and expectations.
• Able to think fast, find answers, and respond quickly to customer issues, all with a polite, empathic, and professional attitude and manner.
• Ability to listen actively and accurately record basic information simultaneously.
• Ability to excel in a team work environment.
• Ability to thrive in a highly dynamic and fast-paced system.
• Basic technological skills to use computer, printers, Word, Excel, Google Drive, customized software programs and apps.
• Basic office skills of phone, filing, data collection and recordkeeping.
• Specifically, this position requires attention to detail, organizational and communication skills, and multitasking abilities to ensure that each and every CSA member and customer has a high-quality experience with service that exceeds their expectations.
• Communicate with CSA members to attend to their questions, needs, and add-ons to their shares.
• Communicate and coordinate with CSA host partners to execute prescribed delivery plans.
• Communicate with customers to help them understand and access the desired products.
• Professionally answer customer questions, record details of inquiries and comments as well as actions taken, refer to others on the Elmwood team, and follow up.
• Take and process orders for Elmwood products while keeping detailed records. Page 2, Job Opening: Customer Service Manager Elmwood Stock Farm, Georgetown KY USA
• Become well-versed and develop an ability to assess customers’ needs and provide answers, paths, troubleshooting help, or methods for a positive customer experience.
• Manage relationships to build a reputation for excellent service and generate repeat business.
• Identify and develop problem-solving methodologies to resolve customer issues.
• Assist workplace wellness partners in cost-share and voucher programs.
• Assist in marketing CSA to new business partners and recruit individual members.
• Coordinate with the communications team on special events and social media postings.
• Become knowledgeable in Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) and maintain compliance with food safety standards.
• Become knowledgeable of Organic Certification and maintain compliance of recordkeeping.
• Complete additional tasks as the needs of the farm change over the season. Compensation and Benefits
• Be part of a team that is performing meaningful work providing nutritious, wholesome and safe food to individuals and families that are appreciative and dependent on what you do each day to feed them.
• Gain experience working in the commercial production and sales of USDA Certified Organic meats, vegetables, and other products.
• Develop the skills and experience needed for excellence in communication of most anything.
• Weekly CSA share.
• Access to additional organic vegetables and discounted grass-fed and pasture raised, organic meats and eggs.
• Chef-prepared home-cooked organic lunch each workday.
• Paid sick leave.
• Compensation dependent on professional experience in the range $15-16 per hour. Elmwood Stock Farm http://elmwoodstockfarm.com/about/employment/ 859-621-0755