Organization: MoBo Bicycle Cooperative of Cincinnati
Position Title: Kids Program Coordinator
MoBo's Kids' Day program, now in its 11th year, is a weekly event where kids get to work on their bikes one-on-one with experienced mechanics. It runs every Monday (5-8pm) all summer (June 12th - August 14th except July 3rd). Kids have the opportunity to earn a bike as well, and we have safety supplies to distribute. For those who are waiting their turn to work with a mechanic, there is supplemental program, provided in part by community partners, such as WordPlay and Happen Inc. All services are free of charge.
We are inviting interested individuals to apply for the Kids' Program Coordinator position. If you enjoy working with kids, support the mission and vision of MoBo, and want to make some extra money this summer, you are probably a great candidate for the job.
1. Schedule volunteers (mechanics and activity leaders) for and participate in weekly programming: Monday evenings June 12 - August 14 (10 weeks of programming)
2. Orient new volunteers and get background checks
3. Publicize the program
4. Obtain donated snacks
5. Keep organized records of participation, youth membership, and bike requests
6. Communicate with Village Green board as needed
1. Experience working with youth
2. Enthusiasm for the project
3. Submit to a background check
Duration and Compensation:
Planning begins in May, 2017. Kid’s day starts June 12th and ends August 14th (except July 3rd). A stipend of $1,000 and a bike will be awarded on the completion of 70-80 hours.
To learn more and to apply, click here.