Organization: Our Land Organics
Landscape Crew Member
Competitive hourly rate $15-$17
Our Land Organics is a small family-based, landscape design build and maintenance company. We are seeking the right person to fill the Crew Member position starting this summer 2021. We are looking for someone that wants to help bring regenerative landscapes to life and has a desire to learn and be a part of a growing team. We are plant lovers, soil geeks, and hard working individuals. We encourage growth, education and innovation in this burgeoning field of ecological landscaping and are seeking someone that is interested in growing with the company.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
All aspects of landscape/garden maintenance and installation including physical tasks such as weeding, pruning, raking, planting, mulching and composting plant beds.
● Work with the crew leader and other crew members to install new plant material, assist in hardscape construction, and perform maintenance tasks such as mulching, weeding, spring and fall clean-ups of residential and small commercial properties.
● Help ensure that tasks on the schedule are completed in a timely manner
● Provide feedback to crew leader on job status, material needs, on-site issues, and other relevant details to each project.
● Gardening skills: Pruning small trees and shrubs; weeding, deadheading, cutting back seasonal foliage, transplanting, divisions, planting
● General landscape cleanup: plant removal, mulch installation, soil enhancements and planting
● Care for and operate chainsaws and other landscape and mechanical equipment
● Work outside in all weather, performing activities including but not limited to: bending, kneeling, lifting, stooping, squatting, reaching and walking on uneven surfaces for long periods of time.
● Other duties as needed
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
● Hard working in a fast paced, physically demanding environment
● Ability to creatively and practically solve problems in the field
● Ability to provide feedback and solutions on issues in the field
● Ability to complete jobs with a high level of quality in the time allotted
● Ability to use mobile apps for accurate timekeeping and property notes
● Consistent ability to interact with co-workers, clients, and community in a respectful and professional manner.
● Dependable and able to work both independently and in a diverse team environment
● Ability to lift fifty pounds on a regular basis
● Ability to arrive to work on time each day ready to be part of a team
● Experience with dump trailers/truck a plus
Earnings and advancement potential commensurate with overall experience and longevity.
● Past professional landscaping experience highly desired, knowledge of organic gardening preferred
● Plant identification skills for typical Southwest Ohio and Northern Kentucky gardens a plus
● Drivers (Required) - Clean drivers record
● Multiple locations - our shop space is located in Loveland, Ohio
● Paid Professional Development
● Paid holidays
● Benefit eligible after a probationary period
● After one successful season, candidate is eligible for paid time off
● Our operating hours are Monday and Friday; 7:30AM to 4:00PM. There will be opportunity for overtime based on client / project demands.This is a full-time, hourly position
HOW TO APPLY:
Email resume, cover letter and three references to email@example.com