Organization: Our Land Organics
Landscape Crew Member - $15 an hour
Our Land Organics is a small family-based, landscape design build and maintenance company. We are seeking the right person to fill the Crew Member position starting this January 2021. We are looking for someone that wants to help bring regenerative landscapes to life and has a desire to learn and be a part of a growing team. We are plant lovers, soil geeks, and hard working individuals. We encourage growth, education and innovation in this burgeoning field of ecological landscaping and are seeking someone that is interested in growing with the company.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
All aspects of landscape/garden maintenance and installation including physical tasks such as weeding, pruning, raking, planting, mulching and composting plant beds.
● Work with the crew leader and other crew members to install new plant material, assist in hardscape construction, and perform maintenance tasks such as mulching, weeding, spring and fall clean-ups of residential and small commercial properties.
● Help ensure that tasks on the schedule are completed in a timely manner
● Provide feedback to crew leader on job status, material needs, on-site issues, and other relevant details to each project.
● Gardening skills: Pruning small trees and shrubs; weeding, deadheading, cutting back seasonal foliage, transplanting, divisions, planting
● General landscape cleanup: plant removal, mulch installation, soil enhancements and planting
● Care for and operate chainsaws and other landscape equipment
● Work outside in all weather, performing activities including but not limited to: bending, kneeling, lifting, stooping, squatting, reaching and walking on uneven surfaces for long periods of time.
● Other duties as needed
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
● Hard working in a fast paced, physically demanding environment
● Ability to creatively and practically solve problems in the field
● Ability to provide feedback and solutions on issues in the field
● Ability to complete jobs with a high level of quality in the time allotted
● Consistent ability to interact with co-workers, customers, and community in a respectful and professional manner.
● Dependable and able to work both independently and in a diverse team environment
● Ability to lift fifty pounds on a regular basis
● Ability to arrive to work on time each day ready to be part of a team
Earnings and advancement potential commensurate with overall experience and longevity.
● Past professional landscaping experience highly desired, knowledge of organic gardening preferred
● Plant identification skills for typical Southwest Ohio and Northern Kentucky gardens a plus
● Drivers (Required) - Clean drivers record
● Multiple locations
● Paid Professional Development
● Paid holidays
● After one successful season, candidate is eligible for paid time off
● Monday-Friday, This is a full-time, hourly, seasonal position with anticipated start date in early January 2021
HOW TO APPLY:
Email resume, cover letter and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org