Organization: Civic Garden Center
We’ve hit the refresh button yet again on our renowned event and we think you’re going to love it!
THE Plant Sale 2019 will kick off on Wednesday, May 1st from 6:00 – 9:00 PM with the 2nd Annual Building Community Award event. We’re going to catch our breath on Thursday (oh, and get thousands of plants ready for all of YOU!). Then Friday, May 3rd from 5:30 – 8:30 PM we’re throwing another Happy Planet Happy Hour complete with first dibs on plants and plenty of good food and drink. Saturday, May 4th from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM is our free and open to the General Public Sale. (Once again, since pigs really do fly in Cincinnati, we’ll let them have the run of the city during the Flying Pig Marathon on Sunday!)
WEDNESDAY, MAY 1ST
BUILDING COMMUNITY AWARD —6:00 – 9:00 PM (TICKETED EVENT)
- Announcing awardees in early 2019 in the areas of gardening, education and environmental stewardship.
- Dinner, drinks, live music, and the works as we honor and celebrate some people who’ve been really good for the planet.
- Limited selection of plants will be available that night. But we hope to entice you to come back on Friday and/or Saturday!
- Valet parking included.
- Cash bar available throughout the evening.
FRIDAY, MAY 3RD
A HAPPY PLANET HAPPY HOUR — 5:30 – 8:30 PM (TICKETED EVENT)
We’re partnering with a variety of green organization to guide people in changing their lifestyles and practices to live more sustainably. Share your commitment to the environment and to the Civic Garden Center as we strive to create a unique zero waste event.
SATURDAY, MAY 4TH
- Get first shot at everything exotic and routine and everything in-between in the plant world
- Enjoy food by the bite
- Wine from Skeleton Root
- Craft beer from MadTree and Rhinegeist
- Learn about backyard composting, native plants, beekeeping, solar panels, rain barrels, and more
- Help reduce waste by using the Resource Recovery Stations around the event to compost and recycle
- Activities for the KIDS!
THE MAIN EVENT — 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Plants are still the stars at THE Plant Sale! Free & Open to the Public
- Shop for heirlooms, natives, and other hard to find varieties of plants
- Select many of your tried and true plant favorites
- Grab a bite or a beverage from our food vendors
- Ask the experts booth and other informative speakers
- Tour our beautiful grounds or Green Learning Station
- Visit our Corner Shop in the lobby of the CGC facility to find well made garden tools, hand crafted garden related gifts, eco-chic and up-cycled items for the gardener, organic seeds and fine garden hats.
Learn more and register here!
Interested in volunteering? Check out volunteer opportunities at the Plant Sale here!